In a previous article “Fight Against Cancer” we talked about cancer properties ,what is cancer ? cancer cell division, cancer sign and symptoms and what’s the common treatments and other procedures and techniques. Here today we are going to talk about foods which have cancer fighting properties.
Are you eating enough cancer fighting foods, in your regular life style ?
If you don’t know then don’t worry, this article will help you to define your food category.
1) Leafy Green Vegetables
Mother is right all along. Grandma also told you they were good for you. Leafy Green exceptionally rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and enzymes, yet very low in calories, fats, sodium and other toxins. Leafy greens are the main ingredient of any healthy diet. Leafy greens are ideal for weight management as they are typically low in calories (Cancer Fighting Foods).
2) Kiwi fruit
Reduce risk of cancer, heart disease, diabetes, and other conditions.Studies have shown that increased consumption of plant foods like kiwifruit decreases the risk of obesity and overall mortality (Cancer Fighting Foods).
Kiwifruit health risks
Beta-blockers, a type of medication most commonly prescribed for heart disease, can cause potassium levels to increase in the blood. High potassium foods such as bananas should be consumed in moderation when taking beta-blockers.
Consuming too much potassium can be harmful for those whose kidneys are not fully functional. If your kidneys are unable to remove excess potassium from the blood, it could be fatal.
3) Coffee, Caffeine, and Cancer
Researchers at the National Cancer Institute found that those who drink around three or more cups of coffee a day have a 15 percent lower risk of colon cancer than those who do not drink coffee. You might be surprised to know coffee beans are fall into highly antioxidant food category.it can help reduce inflammation also, which is the root of most diseases.
Here are just a few of the studies that support the notion that caffeinated coffee reduces risk of certain types of cancer.
- Oral Cancer: More than 4 cups of coffee a day help to decrease oral and head cancers by 39%.
- Uterine Cancer: Woman who drink more than two cups of coffee a day have less chance of uterine cancer.
- Prostate Cancer: Men who have 6 cups of coffee a day reduce their prostate cancer risk by 60%.
- Brain Cancer: At least 5 cups of coffee prevents certain types of brain cancer by 40%.
- Colon Cancer: At least 2 cups of coffee a day can cut colon cancer risk.
- Breast Cancer: At least 3 cups of coffee a day can prevent or delay the onset of certain types of breast cancer.
- Liver Cancer: Coffee drinkers have 41% less instance of liver cancer. A more recent study showed that 1-3 cups of coffee a day reduces risk of developing hepatocellular carcinoma by 29%.
- Endometrial Cancer: Women who consume at least 3 cups of coffee a day have a 19% decreased risk of developing endometrial cancer.
- Caffeine protects against lung cancer. A new study published in the Experimental Hematology & Oncology journal showed that caffeine inhibits a couple of proteins found in lung cancer cells, which in turn prevents the cell’s growth and reproduction.
- Skin Cancer: A recent study published in The Journal of the National Cancer Institute found that caffeinated coffee drinkers were less likely to develop melanoma(Melanoma, also known as malignant melanoma, is a type of cancer that develops from the pigment containing cells known as melanocytes).The more coffee people consumed the less risk was observed.
4) Brilliant Blueberries
Blueberries are on top notch in terms of their antioxidant power. According to American Institute of Cancer Research.Blueberries are an excellent source of vitamins C and K, manganese and a good source of dietary fiber. Blueberries are among the fruits highest in antioxidant power, largely due to their many phytochemicals: Anthocyanins, catechins, quercetin, kaempferol and other flavonoids Ellagitannins and ellagic acid Pterostilbene.
Blueberries contain numerous phytochemicals and nutrients, many of which are well studied in the laboratory. They also contain dietary fiber, which can act in several ways to lower cancer risk, including helping with weight control. Excess body fat increases the risk of seven different cancers, and dietary fiber can increase the feeling of fullness (Cancer Fighting Foods).
5) Ginger as an antioxidant and natural cancer fighter
Ginger Could Be More Powerful Than Chemotherapy . A new study reveals ginger contains a pungent compound that could be up to 10,000 times more effective than conventional chemotherapy in targeting the cancer stem cells at the root of cancer malignancy (Cancer Fighting Foods).
6) Glorious Grapes
Grapes contain natural chemicals that have the potential to stop the spread of cancer cells. Grapes also contain ellagic acid, which is help to protect lungs against environmental toxins.Red grapes contains resveratrol, a potent phytochemical that helps to fight against cancer as well as heart disease and stroke (Cancer Fighting Foods).
7) The Powerful Pomegranate
Natural Cancer Treatment with Pomegranates could inhibit or completely stop cancer by drinking pomegranate juice and eating pomegranate seeds regularly. Recently, City of Hope researchers identified six chemicals in the pomegranate that suppress aromatase (A substance in the body that helps produce estrogen). About 70 percent of breast cancers need estrogen to grow, so pomegranate is a prime candidate for breast cancer blocking (Cancer Fighting Foods).
8) Add garlic to everything you eat
Garlic (contains sulfur compounds) has been used for centuries as a prophylactic and therapeutic medicinal agent. Importantly, garlic has been suggested to have both cancer preventive potential as well as significant enhancing effects on the immune system (Cancer Fighting Foods).
9) Citrus Fruits Reduce Risk for some Cancers
Citrus fruits contain high levels of flavanoids, which have been shown to inhibit the growth and spread of tumors (Cancer Fighting Foods).
10) Nuts and seeds you should eat every day
Almonds contains much calcium as milk, and contain magnesium, vitamin E, selenium and lots of fiber. They can lower cholesterol and help prevent cancer (Cancer Fighting Foods).
- Almonds contain calcium , magnesium, vitamin E, selenium and lots of fiber. They have ability to lower cholesterol and helps to prevent cancer.
- Walnuts are extremely good for your heart and brain cells, walnuts contain ellagic acid a cancer fighting antioxidant.
- Pecans have lots of vitamins , minerals like Vitamins E and A, folic acid, calcium, magnesium, copper, phosphorus, potassium, manganese, B vitamins, and zinc. And they help lower cholesterol.
- Brazil Nuts are a good source of protein, copper, niacin, magnesium, fiber, vitamin E, and an ideal source of selenium.
- Cedar Nuts/Pine Nuts have Vitamins A, B, D, E, P and contain 70% of your body’s required amino acids.
- Cashews are rich in minerals like copper, magnesium, zinc, iron and biotin. They are actually a low-fat nut, and like olive oil, they have a high concentration of oleic acid, which is good for your heart.
- Hemp seeds are a certified superfood with cancer and heart disease prevention properties. They are high in protein and fiber, with balanced omega 3 and 6 fatty acids.
- Flax seeds two tbsp of ground flax seed per day is good and easy to add to oatmeal. super anti-oxidants that help fight cancer. It also contains a lot of fiber and can reduce your risk of heart disease, stroke, and diabetes.
- Chia Seeds are incredibly healthy seeds rich in omega-3 oils, anti-oxidants, protein, calcium, and fiber also. Helpful for weight management.
- Sunflower seeds also help prevent heart disease and cancer with folate, phytochemicals, Vitamin E, selenium and copper.
Some important links
- Fight Against Cancer
- Cancer Causing Foods
- Fight Against Migraine
- Fight Against Breast Cancer
- What is BMR, BMI and RMR ?
For Support – Click here